Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 10

Hello All -  I'm salty and sweaty still.  Just got back to ntckfit central and poured a cup of coffee.  Good stuff. 

I went to "Vietnam" in Milford.  Vietnam there is a mountain biking preserve.  NEMBA (New England Mountain Biking Association) along with a bunch of sponsors back some time purchased about 40 acres of land.  Mountain bikers have been there for awhile and the trails were laid down - but after the purchase, the trails grew in number and complexity.  The trail maintenance is excellent.  The thing about it that I like is the terrain.

(These images came of the internets, so props to all the riders in the pics and the sites they came from - oh, and the photograpers too.)
Some mtn bikers like drops, some downhill, some cross country.  I'm a cross country guy.  I love technical trails with lots of baby head sized rocks that I can either blow over super fast or that I can pick myself a line and cruise through.  I love to find rock gardens that are just that - only rocks that you have to carefully cruise through with little wiggle room for error  - mess up, and you head into the rocks. 

So, Day 10 workout is complete.  And now its onto working out cutting a bed on the side lawn.  The workout that is coming is going to be epic - I have no idea how much weight over all I'll be moving, but it's a lot.  

I was on my way home from the mtn bike ride and I realized something: I feel more in shape.  I haven't had that thought in a long time, and truth be told, it's great to feel.   

No comments:

Post a Comment