Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 1st Hmmm

It 's interesting to me that I started this summer with high hopes of getting back in shape.  Then the frickin foot came into play.  The thing that is true is that I used the foot as a way not to work out - in part because I wanted to stay off it - in another because I should have stayed off it.  Now, the lack of workouts are a matter of course - in that I have fallen into a rut on the side of the path towards being fit once more.

That being said, I'm going to work out.

Later,

OK.  Brokeout the TRX and the 15 and 30# kettlebells. Here's the circuit:

TRX Deltoid pulls
TRX Push ups
TRX One arm rows
TRX Roll outs (core)
30# Kettlebell swing
15# Kettlebell Turkish Get Ups

Four rounds of the circuit.  15 Reps TRX and 10 Reps for Kettlebells
Total Time 32 mins
Cals out:   440 approx.

Need more water and recovery drink.  The temperature outside is hovering in the mid 80s or so.  I can tell for sure that my "wind" is not at all what it used to be.  The foot dr gave me the ok road bike - tomorrow in the am before the heat. 

Truth is is that I like the feeling right now after a good workout.  It's weird in a way that your mind (mine at least) plays with you, you know?  You know what you should do, but for whatever rationalization you come up with, you decide not to.  And there it is.  Fitness, diet, and general health comes down, in some ways not all, to decisions we make - our choices. Do munch down on the bacon because bacon is good, or do I try out turkey bacon?  Do I eat 4 slices of pizza, or do I have one.  What about that soda?  How about a some water instead.

Have to say, that the Paleo diet idea came and went.  I have to get more sustainable meals to buy in whole heartedly.

Later,












No comments:

Post a Comment