Monday, July 25, 2011

Dr. Visit for the foot

So, I went to the podiatrist about the foot.  As expected in a way.  It definitely is a stress fracture to the metatarsal bone on my right foot.  The fact the Dr could put a good amount of stress on it in different plains with no pain was good.  There's a calcium bump on the bone, which means that it is healing.

I'll be looking at my diet and increasing my vitamin D and calcium intake.  Also, the Dr told me that he has a protocol for coming back from this injury.  More walking and then slowly but surely starting to run again.  The 10% rule for working out is key - ie no more than 10% more when you distance day to day.

So, I got the OK to ride my road bike, which is sweet.  I'll start riding in the next couple of days.

So, more time in the boot and I head back in three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment