Friday, July 22, 2011

TRX Circuit - Backyard Hot outside

I ended up looking at the TRX basic training guide and completed the circuit for a half hour workout.  Granted, it was short but very good.  The temperature outside - easily 85 and major league humidity - didnt add to the workout.


I like the TRX system.  It is definitely not like using barbells, obviously, but the intensity is there - and by doing the sets in a specific time frame - 30 secs workout, 10 secs rest - over and over, it gets the HR up.  The circuit is the entire body and abs/core.  So, in a half hour you hitting your entire body.  Which is good, but I wonder if the intensity of the workouts, right now, are enough to really tax my muscles enough - food for thought.

On another note, I got my FT80 Polar Heart Rate monitor back a few weeks ago. Its up and running and I just update the software so I can download all my data to the Polar web site.  The HR monitor is great when I'm pushing myself hard.  I'm above middle age - read just shy of 49 - and the heart needs kid gloves - not that my heart is not doing well - I don't want to implode HR-wise.  Rest is good.




No comments:

Post a Comment