Sunday, March 22, 2015

Ok.  Lets see.  I have not worked out consistently in a long time.  Its one or two times a week.  That's about it.  The main thing is that I'm lazy.  There it is.  I think back on how I got into amazing shape about 6 years ago.  What was it that drove me to stay focused and to put together roughly 20 workouts per month, some months I burned 10000 plus calories.

I guess on of the things that has changed is that I have a partial tear in my rotator cuff.  That sucks, I have to build its strength or I'm screwed.  Oh, then there is the foot with the stress fracture tendencies - holy crap that sucked.

The thing is that I fear getting - or hurting - injured again.  SO,

What to do:

Diet:  The diet is the key here in so many ways.  

Breakfast - I have to put time in to prep my breakfasts.  I can follow the diet P90x or the other one that I have.   The carbs. fats. and protein have to be .... that can wait.

Snack 1:  Right.  This is basic 100-175 cals and fat focused,  Apple n peanut butter

Lunch:  A good lunch not the crap that I've been eating.   Make it on Sundays.   Salads with grilled chicken, avocado etc

Snack 2:  Meal replacement shake

Dinner:  Good dinner that's clean

Working Out:

Ok, here we go.  The thinking is that a program to follow at home is the way to go.  The gym, getting to it, sucks in the morning.  Period.  I'm going to cancel my membership.

A few things:  I have to use muscle groups that are combination-esque.  I want to focus too on big muscle groups.  Work on my core in general and abs specifically.  Interval training is out there, but that s a wait and see.

Mon: Lift  Tues: Core/cardio Wed: Lift  Thurs: Core/ cardio Friday: Lift  Sat: CC  Sun: Cardio

The thing that I really have to get my head around is this:  Why am I going to put so much time and energy into getting in shape.  Well, one of the things is vanity.  There it is.  I want to not look like a middle age pudgy stomached balding smoe.  So there's that. But the thing that I think about is the fucking aging process.  I'm 52 and I have to build to maintain.  And the one thing that I keep in my mind is how my wife used to tell me I looked great - that is been too long.   I know that being in shape is good for you, and it's good for you mentally as well.  I felt great about myself and it was reinforced by people in my life.  

So here we go ... again.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment