Monday, September 3, 2012

Thoughts on a page

Well now.  I've turned fifty and its okay.  Now that I sit here and think about it - which I haven't really that much - is that for fifty I'm in okay shape.  Let me look around and I can tell you that many of my peers have settled into middle age with a focus on getting by.  I'm worried about my health and the fact that body fat percentage increase translates to all types of issues as you get older. 

So, I mountain bike, paddle board, road cycle, used to run by no more due to the foot, and workout.  Now the workouts have become more frequent of late.  19 days into to the cycle of working out with weights and pairing it with a cardio day.  What I recognize too is that my diet is essential in seeing any significant change in the shape of my body.  I can already see my shoulders starting to develop, but my abs are encased yet to be broken free. 

I sit here and think that I want to be in super shape.  I have to keep my eye on the target, eat right, workout consistently with focus, and then do it again.  I'm on the path and it feels awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment