Monday, July 18, 2011

TRX Tabata Interval Training

First workout in a walking boot.  Went well.


The workout:

TRX Chest Press - 4 rounds 2 mins.
TRX Deltoid Press - 4 Rounds 2 mins.
TRX Standing Roll outs - 4 Rounds 2 mins.
Kettlebell Swings - 4 Rounds 2 mins. 

I think the fact that I have pretty much fallen out of shape is a key factor to this workout.  I remember burning up to 1000 cals a workout.  Can not get there overnight.  I have my polar heart rate monitor back and will begin to use it again.  It felt great working out outside using the TRX system.  I had my iphone and listened to tunes.

The GymBoss interval timer I picked up works well.  I set it for 2 mins. for each interval and 1 min. rest. 

The diet and water intake are next on the agenda.   It seems that I happen to be a tad lazy.  There it is and that is a decision that I made.  Sucks.  SO, screw that and the rationalizations - the deal is that in order to get fit, you have to be consistent and make a commitment.  I was unable to do so for a long time.  Read into that that my head was just not there - and that is something that is so easy to write - and to know so well - but there it is.  I didn't want it.  Why now?  Why do I feel that my health should take precedence over everything?  Well, it has to do in part that our health - Mrs. Ntckfit and I - is essential to our lives.  It affects so much of what we can do now and will do as we get along in years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment