Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 4 in the walking boot

Ok. The foot is feeling better. Which is good for a variety of reasons. I'm on the 4th week in this thing, and it's starting to look kind of ratty - the boot.

Hanging with Frank the cat right now while I wait for a delivery. Gripping.

http://www.braceshop.com/productcart/pc/AirCast-SP-Low-Top-Walking-Boot-97p933.htm

Have to say that my focus on getting fit has hung .... It's just frustrating. Which is lame and a rationalization for being lazy. And there it is. I'm planning to drop off my mountain bike today. I'll get it back and begin to ride when the fricken foot is healed.

I wonder what the hell goes on with then foot and the fractures that I've had. This one is the forth. Time for research.

Ok. Holy crap. Now I've an idea what I do. I overtrain. Period. It's the lack of a coordinated plan to worlds towards inter vas that indues my feet. The time for recovery varies fro six weeks to three months. It's recommended that I don't use the foot until then pain is gone. Makes sense. Looks like I have not the best walking boot right now. I found the air cast walking boot which fully immobilizes the foot.

There may be issues with my gait, the face I'm flatfooted, and calcium issues. Hmmm. Lot more than expected. I have a call into Mike, on of PTs that I see at Foundation Performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment