Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 13

Working out in the am.   Just finished the Hollywood Physique workout and feeling the burn.  Got up this morning and had a pre-workout drink, something new, and got started.  I know that I've mentioned it before, but the fact that you are going so much slower with each rep does a variety of things: it forces me to concentrate more on the actual muscles that I'm working out.  Doing so I'm in a constant state of tension (not the right word) - contraction - throughout each rep.  That contraction forces the muscle to work throughout the rep.  How long did I move weight around without the focus that I do now?  A long time.

Funny how day 13 of the working out has led to little victories.  I feel stronger, more focused, and Mrs. Ntckfit mentioned that I looked better.  Now all that is worth the effort, and then some.  Speaking of Mrs. Ntckfit, she is a beautiful woman who is my rock.  And the fact that she has recovered from ACL surgery and has fired through all the associated issues related to recover and has come out the other side - working out with a trainer, paddle board afficianado, and expert skier - makes me want to give her a huge hug and a nudge right now.  I love you babe! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment