Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day Four - Morning Run

Well, I got up and out for a run.  Now, it was the second run in seven months or so.  And it wasn't pretty.  Run. Walk. Run.  Walk.  You get the picture.  But I got out.  That's the thing.  Better one mile than none. 

I never thought that getting back would be like this, but what did I really expect?  Hmm.  The not so strange thing is that I feel good about getting back at it.  And what I know from past experience, when your diet is dialed in, the number of calories is spot on, your eating protein after working out, tons of water, and you mix up strength resistance and cardio (preferably high intensity interval training) your body slowly but surely begins to shed fat in layers. It's a matter of commitment.  And truth be told, I have a part of it going now, the workouts, but the diet, water, etc. have yet to be dialed in. 

So so far this week, four workouts in and the weeks not finished yet.   Off to close on a house.

Mill Pond, May 12
Reflections in the AM

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! You're right on. Many things go into getting/being/staying healthy! I have finished P90X (only 1 round) and am beginning the next phase- a "homebrew" of P90X mixed with One on One with Tony Horton Vol. 1 & 2. Should be a fun ride.

    I never realized how important the nutrition piece of wellness is until recently. You can exercise and workout all you want but if you don't feed your body well then it's all for nothing!!!

    Check out my routine @ http://p90xandadvocare.blogspot.com/2011/05/schedule.html

    I'll be back to check on ya!

    ReplyDelete